Thursday 4 April 2019

Updates April 2019 and my Autism Awareness Month poem

So now that the background stories are completed I aim to do monthly updates...more if I have time :-)

Lewis is still at home. It is 5.5 months now since he left his last school. The local authority encouraged me to remove him, so you would think they'd want him resettled as quickly as possible. Unfortunately this isn't how SENAR works. His ECHP has been amended...all the lies have been removed (that said he was more severely ASD than he actually is to justify the huge fees they charged) but that was over a month ago. I did have a phone call from the agency about a tutor, but i'm not terribly keen on this idea, he needs (and wants) to be in school.

Holly is back to school refusing. I was so hopeful that this new special school was the answer but in reality they have been no better than her previous mainstreams. They are shouting at her, telling her there is nothing wrong with her..threatening to fetch staff to drag her into classrooms, lying to get her on the school bus, promising to drop her home first, whereas they dropped her last as per the route! Lying to get her into the playground, telling her she can't stay in the classroom as they have meetings …...and I could go on. I'm not sure how we can go back from here. The CATeam are involved and I've been advised to ask for a meeting. I'm pretty confident they're not following her plan.

Lydia seems to be happy enough at the moment. Little things keep cropping up at school but for now I will let her plod along whilst I sort out her siblings. She has an echp heading for tribunal..probably around August time.


Finally...here is a poem I wrote about my daughter in aid of Autism Awareness Month..enjoy!



No comments: